8.24.2024

Sweden above all

The Swedish krona strengthens further against the US dollar and has reached a new annual high for 2024. To exchange 1 USD costs 10.18 SEK at the exchange offices. Our total portfolio value reached a new ATM calculated in USD yesterday while our actual value in SEK is 6.75% lower than ATM. This makes it clear that the exchange rate for us is the strongest variable of the value of our portfolio calculated in SEK.

As a Swede, I am grateful that the Swedish krona and thus confidence in Sweden and its economy is strengthened, while on a personal level I am equally grateful that we have all investments in USD because I am convinced that it is the only right long term.

Yesterday the Swedish krona had its strongest position in 2024 at 1 USD to 10.15 SEK, which is closer to my prediction that a 1 USD will not cost less than 10 SEK this year than I feel comfortable with for my prediction to hold.

However, I put Sweden's best interests first and hope that my prediction turns out to be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...