8.12.2024

A dream came true

Last night at 1:30 a.m. (GMT+2) one of my wishes I have had for as long as I can remember came true, I saw a shooting star. Or rather, part of the meteor shower called the Perseids, which is caused by comet Swift-Tuttle. The Perseids pass Stockholm around August 12th every year, but this year was the first time we went out to watch them. Since we live in the middle of Stockholm, we drove out to the outer edge of the city to minimize the light from the city.

Earlier in the evening it had rained heavily and the sky was completely covered with thick clouds. Me and the world's most perfect teenager were most excited about this and stayed up until midnight to go out on the balcony to make sure that the clouds had blown away. For the first time in a long time the meteorologists were right, not a cloud as far as we could see.

When I woke the world's most perfect husband who had fallen asleep, I guess he wished the sky had been cloudy instead, but when we got there and saw the meteor shower, he appreciated it almost as much as I did.

Junior took the opportunity to practice drive for the first time at night. Besides one of my dreams coming true, it was a cozy outing with the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...