7.13.2023

I'm trying to keep my chin up

Although we have received a number of dividends since acquiring W. P. Carey Inc. REIT (WPC), we will hold off on further purchases until the period's capital tax has been deducted from our accounts.

In recent days, the Swedish krona has strengthened against the US dollar. In the past week, the krona has strengthened by almost 7%. Yesterday's unexpectedly low inflation figures from America are likely a contributing factor.

It is a bit unfortunate that the capital tax has to be paid now. A correct spreadsheet and a strong Swedish krona is a good combination for acquisitions so having to forego purchases just to pay taxes is unfortunate. Can't claim that this increases my willingness to pay taxes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...