7.09.2023

Me writing this might jinx everything…

In recent days, the Swedish krona has improved its value against the US dollar, albeit marginally.

If this small strengthening of the krona holds through early next week, we will most likely acquire a smaller number of W. P. Carey Inc. REIT (WPC) shortly.

Our outcome was 3.85% better than the forecast for June. I had expected a roughly 10% better outcome, but this was demolished by NEWT, which has chosen to change its schedule for the dividends compared to previous years. Instead, July will be a better month.

I have changed my spreadsheet for NEWT's announced payout days but I'm sure I'll be making more changes. This adjustment should mean that the graph where I did not make any adjustments, the outcome for July should be significantly better than the forecast.

It is my air cushion in the form of special and supplemental dividends which during June accounted for the entire surplus.

My hope for the chart where I don't adjust for changes and/or corrections during the year was high on January 1st 2023. I thought the outcome would exceed the forecast in the last eleven months of the year. 

Now I hope July, October and November will do it. If that is the case then the spreadsheet is completely fair now, except for NEWT's last 2 dividends.


Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...