7.26.2023

She's too nice for her own good

My parents have completely different approaches when it comes to investing money. Mom wants her money available so she has it all sitting in bank accounts without even interest income while Dad like us has his money sitting on the NYSE.

During the last weeks my father has received $2400 worth of dividends which he wanted help investing. My mother uses her money to lend it to loved ones, usually without getting it anything back.

She has a close relative who 3 years ago wanted to borrow $2000 for a short time. Instead of paying the debt, the relative continued to ask for more and more loans. By the time she informed dad and us the debt was up to $10000. Three years later, my mother has received half of it back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...