7.01.2023

The reason for this ban is unclear

Warning, the text below is my own opinion and musing. The text may have conspiratorial elements.

As a private individual in Europe, you have been forbidden for some years not to buy certain American ETFs, for example GOF and PDI.

The EU has decided that the American ETFs involve too much risk for me as a private person to own. However, I am allowed to buy European ETFs.

I doubt this EU ban is due to their concern for my savings. I am more inclined to believe that they are protecting the European financial institutions since they are allowed to invest in the US ETFs.

This means that I can indirectly own parts of the American EFTs. Which unfortunately won't be the same as when I could own them outright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...