11.12.2022

I have no proof but

I feel that economic fluctuations come much faster today than 20-30 years ago. My theory is that since we now live in a Just In Time economy unlike in the past when wholesalers and retailers had large inventories, the economy should also have changed.

I speculate that the reason it was slower for a recession to take effect in the past was because when demand fell, inventories were replenished and manufacturing continued. This meant that it took longer before the economy slowed down. However, it also took longer to get the economy going as existing inventory were sold off before production resumed after a slowdown.

Today, the time between production and end consumer is significantly shorter, which means that the economy should also move faster. In my opinion, we should reflect on old truths to see how they can be improved to anticipate and hopefully mitigate future fluctuations in the economy of our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...