11.27.2022

New times await

Actually, I shouldn't be hard on our central bank governor. His unwise behavior, in my opinion, has allowed us to save an extra $1,200 every month for years. The world's most perfect husband and I understood several years ago that the negative policy rate is not good.

We chose to save the difference between the real interest rate at the time and a 3 times higher interest rate, which we considered more normal, instead of spending them. This means that we can now cope with the higher mortgage interest rate without having to make restrictions on our lifestyle.

The only consequence will be that our saving ends, a saving that we only saw as a bonus for as long as it lasted. We will continue to reinvest all dividends and therefore continue our savings. However, I feel for all young people who have just bought their first home.

I'm sure many have a certain margin in their calculation for increased interest costs. However, the majority certainly did not count on a combination of higher interest rates, energy prices and inflation. I dare say that the 2 latter factors have only been taken into account by very few very farsighted people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...