11.27.2022

Incredible athletes

I saw the movie Borg, which is about Sweden's best tennis player of all time. It made me remember my childhood. Through Björn Borg, Ingemar Stenmark, Thomas Wassberg, Frank Andersson and Linda Haglund, Sweden was a major power in various sports. Incredibly impressive for such a small country.

When mr Ingemar Stenmark competed, the teachers brought televisions into the classrooms so that we students could watch his slalom run. I remember one day in particular when I came home and we had a new tv. Our old device broke down between mr Ingemar Stenmark's first and second run. We were incredibly short of money at the time, but that didn't stop mom from buying a TV right away so she wouldn't miss the second run. I also remember that the meals afterwards were small and barely edible.

Even though I was too young to really understand their incredible deeds at the time, I am still filled with great pride in being Swedish when I think of mr Björn Borg and mr Ingemar Stenmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...