11.06.2022

To understand the whole picture

Even though I don't like either snus or cigarettes, I have no problem with owning shares in Swedish Match. I don't even have a problem with us buying this or similar companies for the world's most teenager's portfolio. However, I do not like that one of their products, white snus, is marketed as tobacco-free even though it contains nicotine extracted from the tobacco plant.

Teenagers have previously been able to buy the product, but as of August this year, an 18-year-old limit has been introduced. I am aware that in order for my holdings in "less nice" companies to yield returns, people must use their products. Few things annoy me as much as when people are shocked to discover that companies that make and sell cheap products don't pay fair wages. What do they think? That they can buy a shirt for $8 which, in addition to the material cost, also includes VAT and profit would have been produced under fair working conditions. We should not put ourselves on a pedestal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...