9.15.2023

Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes

I've always been skeptical of relationships where you don't share a bedroom because of a core memory from my childhood. I was 13 years old when I understood for the first time that there are adults who do not share bedrooms.

One of my friends' parents had separate bedrooms and then and there I formed an inner image that separate bedrooms equals loveless relationship. Which in their particular case was also consistent with the truth. They divorced a number of years later.

My absolute best friend and her husband have separate bedrooms. The reason for this is that her husband snores something quite unbearable.

I've never been able to understand what it's like trying to sleep next to a person who snores until tonight. My husband has come down with a cold causing him to snore, loudly! After waking up to his snoring and trying to go back to sleep for more than 2 hours, I gave up and am currently sitting on the couch.

Despite this experience we will never have separate bedrooms but my understanding that others can have it has increased, significantly.

I have to call my BFF tomorrow and apologize for all the times I questioned whether snoring could really be that bothersome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This will come back to bite the unions, part 16

For transparency and my own agenda, my husband and I own a 2023 Tesla Model Y. The power struggle between the union IF Metall and Tesla Mot...