9.10.2023

Much resolves itself naturally

My husband and I have never sat down and divided the household chores. Over the years, it has resolved itself naturally. Mainly by taking care of what bothers you the most.

For example, my husband is completely unconcerned if the whole home is a total mess. It is rather that he prefers the home to be a little messy.

I myself am the exact opposite. The natural result of this is that I am the one who puts everything away and does the laundry.

However, I am completely uninterested in food. I could easily live on fast food and sweets, which I have also done for periods of my life. The only time I managed my diet was during my pregnancy.

In the same way that it is natural for me to keep order in our home, my husband does all the cooking. The consequence is that when the husband is away for a couple of days, the offspring and I only eat takeaway.

My husband has always been able to walk to work, while for many years I had to drive to work. Since it was always me who drove the car, it was natural that I made sure we changed between summer and winter tires on time. It was also my task to ensure that our cars service record was up to date.

In addition to my husband cooking all the food, he cleans all the water traps in the home. It's something I absolutely refuse to do.

These household chores are the only ones where one of us takes more responsibility.

To be completely honest, I must add that we have a maid who comes every two weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets harder before it gets easier

I sincerely hope that the world's most perfect teenager passed his Spanish test yesterday and gets the first diploma of his life. Hopef...