9.17.2023

I hope it's temporary

I have a feeling that the world is still suffering from the consequences of Covid-19. A lot doesn't quite work as it should.

In my professional life, there are a number of suppliers who before the pandemic always delivered high-quality products, unlike today when there are products in every delivery that have to be returned due to various errors. The cost of these returns must be huge as I assume our store is not the only one in the world affected by this increase in defective products.

I suspect that the factories that closed due to Covid-19 and fired all skilled personnel are having problems finding knowledgeable labor. The result, combined with worldwide inflation, is inferior products at higher prices.

On a private level, I have several friends and acquaintances who have had a changed work environment due to the fact that remote work that arose during the pandemic has been partially permanent afterwards with negative consequences.

Among other things poorly staffed workplaces with impaired interaction between colleagues as a result. In the past, people went into the colleague's room and interacted with each other directly to prevent possible clashes or conflicts with double bookings, etc.

Today, instead, you have to coordinate team meetings or conference calls, which above all costs more time but also money. Instead of a 15 minute interaction, it can take hours before everyone is in place.

The increase in people suffering from burnout has increased and I believe that deteriorating work environments with poorer accessibility between colleagues is a contributing factor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This will come back to bite the unions, part 16

For transparency and my own agenda, my husband and I own a 2023 Tesla Model Y. The power struggle between the union IF Metall and Tesla Mot...