9.06.2023

Here we go again

I will not win any award for mother of the year if my son is on the jury.

In addition to getting the school to extend his study time by 1 hour per week throughout grade 10 so that he can take the Spanish test next May, likely choosing the extended math course because of me, I will also wake him up an hour earlier today to take him to the hospital for blood tests.

He has no idea about this as he is not particularly fond of blood tests. This is because throughout his upbringing he had to give blood at regular intervals to have his iron value assessed.

He was 5 years old when the doctor discovered his low iron levels. The doctor even considered giving him shots but decided against it as he was so young. Instead, he has been medicated every day since then.

Periodically his iron levels are absolutely perfect and we are asked to stop the iron supplement only to have to start over. At the latest in April, it was time again and the offspring has not taken a single iron tablet since then.

Both my husband and I hoped that since he is most likely at the end of puberty, his body might be able to absorb and retain the iron he gets through food this time. Unfortunately, all the signs that previously meant that his iron levels are low, such as fatigue, dark circles under the eyes and nosebleeds are back.

So in 5 minutes I will wake up the most perfect creation ever created an hour earlier than normal to go to the hospital. He won't forgive me until tonight. It's going to be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...