5.26.2024

Having a teenager is a tough job

He who sleeps in the fall, starves in the winter is a metaphor I try unsuccessfully to get the world's most perfect teenager to understand. Our son has incredible potential to achieve fantastic school results but he always follows the law of least resistance. Junior admitted a couple of weeks ago that he hadn't been truthful about his homework.

I have always wanted him to use paper and pencil, while with the stubbornness of a fool he has insisted that all assignments must be done on the computer. Since there is a daily debate in Sweden about how all school work is now days done on a computer, I have accepted his claim as the truth. But after he came clean and admitted that much of his homework can be done with paper and pencil, the amount of handwritten assignments over the past two weeks has surpassed anything he's done before.

Last night when he got to play computer games for the first time in two weeks he hugged me and said quote "Sorry for all the fuss. I know I was the one asking for help with school. I love you." unquote. Considering all the work he has put in, I sincerely hope he succeeds in his end-of-year exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...