5.24.2024

Being a mom is not easy

Yesterday I spoke with the mother of the other teenager about the possible trip to Paris, France this summer. She and I are much more worried, while the fathers are much more positive.

Even if the teenagers get to borrow a studio from a family friend of the other family in one of the best arrondissements in Paris, I am very doubtful about this. Especially given that Paris is hosting the Summer Olympics this year and the risk of terrorist attacks is imminent. Add to that the fact that Junior, for natural reasons, looks very Swedish and I know there are people who wish him harm just for that reason.

This is a classic difference between knowing and understanding (accepting). Intellectually I know I have to "cut" the umbilical cord at some point but emotionally I have a very hard time understanding (accepting) this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...