5.09.2024

That it took 10 seconds before I ended the call annoys me

The phone scammers who mainly contact the elderly called me today. Either they changed the MO or I'm old according to them. The man who called was very nonchalant and forced in his conversation with me, almost demanding.

He stated that he called from one of my banks and claimed that I had been scammed and that he would help me get my money back. Although he said he was calling from one of my Swedish banks, he could not speak Swedish and his English was poor to say the least.

Although I know the bank NEVER calls in a matter like this, I hesitated maybe 5 seconds before thanking and ending the call. I can understand that the elderly allow themselves to be deceived, as even I hesitated for 10 seconds. Then you have to bear in mind that I work as a CFO and have daily contact with banks, both in my professional role and privately.

I have emailed all the information including the phone number he called from to the bank he claimed to represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...