5.08.2024

New things are often uncomfortable

I am one of those who mostly see the downsides of artificial intelligence, AI. I am well aware of the benefits of AI, especially in medicine and law. AI will make many in these and many other professions unemployed. The world's most perfect husband is much more open-minded than me in these situations.

He reminded me that Sweden was an agricultural society during the 19th century. The industrial revolution that took place during the 19th century changed Sweden's labor market to the core. Tractors and other work tools could significantly reduce the labor force on the farms. Instead of mass unemployment, the industrial revolution created new jobs that needed labor.

My spouse is convinced that the same thing will happen this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...