4.01.2024

April Fool's Day

100 years ago, the world's most perfect husband worked as a pipe fitter on a large construction site. Earlier tonight I heard him mumble quote "good luck with that" unquote. He had read a news notice that the Swedish construction industry had agreed to introduce a meat-free day a week. I let him believe that for a little while before reminding him that it's April 1st.

I read the best April Fool's joke of the year on X (Twitter). A dad whose daughter had put a fake turd on his breakfast table. He immediately understood that it was an April Fool's joke, took a picture with his cell phone and sent a mms with the text quote "the cat has gotten old, I had to put him down" unquote.

Today is the only day of the year that I dismiss anything that I haven't seen or experienced myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The sum of all vices is constant

After my visit  to the dermatologist which ended with me having to contact another doctor to get a referral for blood lipid testing, I have ...