4.28.2024

Have children, it will be fun, they said...

The world's most perfect teenager and I have changed our routines regarding his homework. Today was the first time Junior would work according to our new routines.The plan is for the offspring to do the homework on his own and then go through the homework with me and explain what he did and how he thought.

According to Junior, he "misunderstood" our agreement and "thought" we were going to do the homework together. The outcome became that the offspring read the poem "I Woke Up" to me. Then we talked about the poem and its meaning, both the literal and the figurative. YMD then wrote his thesis. His homework consists of another 5 poems on which he must write a thesis.

He has promised that both reading and thesis regarding poem no. 2 will be ready when I get home from work tomorrow so he can explain to me what he did and how he thought. I hope this goes according to our plans as we will be doing this every day all week. Studying English poetry every night all week after work is not something I long for.

But since I will do anything, short of cheating, to help him succeed in his studies, I will study English poetry every night next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It gets harder before it gets easier

I sincerely hope that the world's most perfect teenager passed his Spanish test yesterday and gets the first diploma of his life. Hopef...