4.07.2024

I intend to do better

That the world's most perfect husband and I are going to get a decent amount of money back on our income tax for last year bothers me.

The reason why we get back such a large amount of money is mainly due to the fact that our interest expense regarding the mortgage steadily increased during 2023. Although it is nice to get money back on taxes, it goes against my principle of never lending money to the government.

There are Swedes who say they receive money from the state. There is certainly people who get money from the government, but a tax refund means that you get your own money back.

The interest we get on this money from the government is pretty much nothing compared to what it would have generated in the form of dividends and any increase in value if it had instead been invested on the stock market.

Since no one cares about our money as much as we do, I intend to adjust the last 3 income tax payments for the current year to avoid the same situation next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The sum of all vices is constant

After my visit  to the dermatologist which ended with me having to contact another doctor to get a referral for blood lipid testing, I have ...