4.11.2024

Extended time frame

Before Covid-19, I was confident that we would reach our financial goal by December 31, 2024, which would have meant that Mr. Dewlar would have the option to stop working if he so wished. Instead, the pandemic caused us serious financial damage and extended the time to our financial goal by at least a couple of years.

In addition, one of our portfolio "engines", NewtekOne, Inc. Common Stock (NEWT), made a change in business focus and cut its dividend significantly in 2023. This too caused us considerable damage.

In total, I think that Covid-19 and NEWT mean a delay of at least 3 years. Even if it's a setback, it's at least 4 years less than another blogger I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The sum of all vices is constant

After my visit  to the dermatologist which ended with me having to contact another doctor to get a referral for blood lipid testing, I have ...