4.30.2024

Thanks, Dad and Grandpa πŸ˜’

This morning I had an appointment for laser removal of a Seborrheic Keratosis aka age wart. As soon as I sat down in the visiting chair, the doctor fixed his gaze just below my right eye. He asked if I have high cholesterol and before I could answer he continued quote "You have Xanthelasma which are yellow spots which are cholesterol formations and are often caused by high blood fats." unquote. My grandfather was medicated and my father is medicated for high cholesterol.

Instead of simple laser removal of an age wart, it became a much bigger deal. First, I have to check my blood lipids and as soon as today's laser removal has healed, I also have to remove my yellow cholesterol formations. Otherwise, they will grow bigger. Since this laser removal has to go deeper into the skin, I will need stitches afterwards. Depending on what the tests show, I will most likely need cholesterol medication, just like my grandfather and father. Not quite what I expected when I woke up this morning.

Some genes you don't want to inherit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hopefully easier times await

However I calculate, there is nothing to cushion the blow, but I have to bite the bullet and accept that the outcome for June 2024 will be l...