7.06.2024

Mom being mom

My mom is always in a hurry and never really listens to anyone, she lives by "I got this". A perfect example is every time they travel. My mom prefers to be at the airport a couple of hours before check-in opens, while my dad likes to arrive 5 minutes after check-in closes. Once, Dad and I managed to get the head of security at Stockholm's second largest department store to open just for us 30 minutes after they had closed when Dad missed his 40th wedding anniversary.

Mom called me and asked for my help with their first update to their Tesla Model Y Performance. Being very aware of mom's lack of attention, I kept the explanation very short and focused, emphasizing on the two steps, download and update.

Later that day mom and dad were going to an event and mom was very proud of herself after she did her first update on their Tesla. The timer that started a 2 minute countdown when they got in the car was, in my mom's world, a "confirmation" that the update was complete. For 2 minutes they sat in the car watching the countdown and then heard the car lock the doors and the screen went black. Dad told me the update took 55 minutes.😂

Apparently my 30 second tutorial was too long to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...