7.05.2024

Something good that feels bad

Instead of the world's most perfect baby being in daycare and kindergarten, my mom took care of him from the age of 7 months. When Junior started school, she picked him up every day until February 2020 when Covid-19 made its entrance. He was then in the 2nd semester of grade 6. I am very grateful for the strong bond they have.

While I am incredibly thankful for this, I feel guilty that our son has this contact with my mom because his contact with my mother-in-law who lives in Orebro, 119 miles (191 km) west of Stockholm, is not as frequent.

It was heartwarming to see Junior with my in-laws yesterday. We covered his hickey with a Band-Aid and blamed it on his acne. If my mother-in-law saw through the white lie, she kept a good face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...