7.16.2024

He almost always makes better decisions than I do

I refrained from making any acquisitions today while the world's most perfect husband bought a small number of Oxford Lane Capital Corp. Common Stock (OXLC). Actually, he is already "fully invested" in (OXLC) while I have many stocks left to buy before I'm done.

My husband had already saved more than me before he turned 55 and had one of his pensions paid out in a lump sum and another that pays a couple of $100s every month for 10 years. I will never catch up on his savings depending on several variables. One of them is that I chose 65 years instead of choosing 55 years like him. 

Unfortunately, the conditions of the pension are that acquisitions must be made in certain funds, which means that the performance will not be as good as if I had invested them in individual stocks. To minimize the damage, I follow these funds closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did we end up here?

Our shop is located on one of Stockholm's avenues, where the driving lanes are separated by trees and grass. Last week it rained non-sto...