8.03.2023

I was wrong, Avanza was right

For several days, I have had an email conversation where I accused Avanza, one of our online brokers, of not paying the dividend for OFS Credit Company, Inc. Common Stock (OCCI) as of April 28, 2023.

What I had completely forgotten is that OCCI uses DRIP. My holding in Avanza is so low that the surplus between allocated share and payment is so low that it is not enough for the withholding tax for the current dividend. The consequence is that Avanza has to use my cash to pay for the withholding tax.

Nordnet, also one of our online brokers, as well as Nordea, a major bank, do not use DRIP but sell off the allocated shares and give me money. Avanza's approach is more honest. I avoid both brokerage and exchange fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...