8.22.2023

They have their own currency

Teaching children to manage money in Sweden is not easy. The main reason for this is the lack of cash in our society. It is becoming more and more unusual for shops to accept cash as a means of payment.

There are adults who find it difficult to control their expenses when shopping with bank cards. Compare that to being a kid with no personal finance experience whatsoever.

They receive a bank card with a certain amount of money which should be enough for a certain period of time, such as a weekly or monthly allowance.

I have come in contact with several parents of teenagers whose children have Robux, which is Roblox's in-game currency, as a reference when they are going to buy something.

For example, a friend's son was interested in a pair of Adidas shoes before realizing they cost 3,200 Robux.

I was a child in an easier time when money was the primary means of payment. The money I had access to was in my wallet where I could easily and clearly see exactly what I had available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...