8.26.2023

Unpopular opinion

I have a hard time with people who stick to their principles just for the sake of it.

People who see wind power as the solution to the world's electricity shortage and the only power source that can reverse the ongoing warming of the Earth's climate are wrong, in my opinion.

The few places I think wind power could be the main source of energy are individual farms in the Australian outback and similar places. But as the main source for larger communities and cities, I am extremely doubtful.

For my own part, I believe that wind power does more harm than good. Apart from the most obvious disadvantage of not being planable or storable, I dislike that the land-based wind power kills large parts of the bird life. While the offshore wind power disturbs the marine life.

If you also add that the wind power plant itself is not recyclable, the attractiveness is further reduced. Personally, I consider that wind power and solar cells are a good complement to nuclear power plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...