8.23.2023

She told on me...

This morning I visited my son's school. I had a meeting with the principal and one of his teachers.

His current school year, grade 10, is designed to prepare students for the IB Diploma Programme.

He has had Spanish as enrichment since grade 6. The school has changed the conditions this year, which means that junior cannot read both Swedish and Spanish.

For both me and my husband, this felt as if the offspring's Spanish studies had been completely useless. Hence the meeting this morning.

The school was very accommodating and we worked out a plan whereby YMD will go to school 1 extra hour each week to study Spanish on his own during grade 10, with the support of a Spanish teacher.

In May next year, he will be able to take a test that will give him a Diploma in Spanish that he can state in his college or university application.

Since the offspring would not accept the plan if it is my idea, we agreed that the principal would present the plan as if it were her idea entirely. The first thing YMD asked me when he came home from school was why I have extended his school hours?!

She ratted me out immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...