12.23.2022

My father - the workaholic

My 76 year old father who still works 6 days a week is the workaholic personified. Now, in the name of truth, it must be admitted that he doesn't do manual labor but runs a small consulting firm. It is not money that drives him, some assignments he barely gets paid for. I do his bookkeeping free of charge. Always have and always will.

My parents will celebrate Christmas with my younger sister, we will have our best friends at our home. Tonight, when I unpacked the bags with Christmas presents from my parent, mom brought them earlier today, I found accounting that he had slipped into one of the bags.

Since I can't/don't want anything lying around over Christmas, I had to get back to the office and resume the working day. I count my lucky stars that I unpacked the bags today and not tomorrow. Merry Christmas to you too dad...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This will come back to bite the unions, part 16

For transparency and my own agenda, my husband and I own a 2023 Tesla Model Y. The power struggle between the union IF Metall and Tesla Mot...