12.01.2022

Some things never change

As a parent of a student in grade 9, you are involuntarily reminded of how hard it was at school before the end of the term. With exactly 12 school days left until the Christmas break, where one of the days is the end of the semester itself, the days are fast for the offspring.

He has exactly 6 summative left, and he has already had 3 this week. As an adult, I fully understand that all teachers want to catch up on their subjects and have exams, but the workload can become almost overwhelming for the children. Today he has his last math test for the semester. I have been sick with the flu for the past week and haven't had enough energy to study with him.

Unfortunately, math is not as important to the world's most perfect teenager as it is to me. It is with total dread that I will await the results of this test. To top it all off, this particular teacher is always late marking his exams. Speaking of my flu, my husband accuses me of being weak and not even able to handle a man cold. He has not understood that I take full advantage of the situation...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This will come back to bite the unions, part 16

For transparency and my own agenda, my husband and I own a 2023 Tesla Model Y. The power struggle between the union IF Metall and Tesla Mot...