1.28.2023

Actually, I prefer cash to cards

The absolute most common means of payment in Sweden is a debit or credit card.

There are even shops that do not accept cash as payment. Which I personally think is completely absurd because it is stated in the Riksbanken's Act that banknotes and coins issued by Riksbanken are legal tender.

When the most perfect teenager in the world was about 4 years old, I would pay with money in the grocery store on one occasion. YMD grabbed my jacket sleeve and said quote "it's better if you pay with the card so you don't have to pay mom" unquote.

When we got home, I tried to visually explain to him "that we put our money in a box at the bank and when we pay something with our card, the bank takes money from our box and moves it to the bank's box".

It becomes much clearer how much you shop for when you pay with cash instead of card.

We pay for the majority of all our purchases with our AMEX card. Every evening I take all the receipts and pay for the day's purchases on our card. There are 2 reasons for this. First, I don't want to get a huge bill at the end of the month. Two, I get an idea of how much money we're spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...