1.08.2023

How we ended up where we ended up

My husband and I come from what used to be called the economic middle class, roughly simplified, sprung from the old working class often with better material standards than the working class. We grew up in the same suburb of Stockholm, which was typical of the economic middle class.

Through a lot of work, savings, risk-taking and a bit of luck, we managed to buy an apartment in the best part of Stockholm's inner city. I went to all viewings in the area of Stockholm we wanted to live in for more than 1 year. I spoke to every real estate agent, shook many hands and signed up to countless lists. 

We bid on a number of condos but always lost the bidding. We were in the middle of a bidding when another realtor called me and asked if we were still looking for a new home.

He had an entire property with 20 newly built apartments to be sold. The project was classified as new construction, although the house dates from 1890. In the case of new production, all prices are fixed, so it is first come, first served.

For some reason he called me first and within 2 hours we had signed the contract. That's the story of how we ended up among the upper class. All my preconceptions were proven wrong. You have to look for nicer people.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...