1.20.2023

It's me, not them

I've felt guilty for spending Christmas Eve with our best friends instead of my parents for the past two years. My parents have not been alone on Christmas Eve, last year they spent at my youngest sister's house. Our best friends, despite their young age, are orphans.

Many people say that you should take the opportunity to spend time with your parents while they are still alive. Every weekday I call both mom and dad plus I see them both at least once a week. In other words, I exist in their everyday life. I've decided not to feel bad that we haven't celebrated Christmas with them.

Unfortunately, that is easier said than done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...