1.10.2023

I will not win the Best Mom Award

Today YMD had an appointment with his orthodontist. The world's most perfect teenager lets me come along on the visits, mostly so he doesn't have to keep track of the return visits.

When we got there, there was already a mother and her 15-year-old son in the waiting room. We were sitting waiting for our turn when a dental nurse walked by. She stopped at our place and asked what we were doing there. I replied that YMD has an appointment today. She replied, I don't think so. The other mom in the waiting room couldn't even contain her laughter.

It turned out that we are a day early. The worst part is that this is not even the second time this has happened, but the third time!

The first time the offspring was 5 years old and was invited to a children's party. The party was supposed to be at a friend's house from kindergarten whose parents I didn't know very well. There was a bit of a tense atmosphere when Junior and I rang their doorbell one day early. It was no easy-going the next day.

The second time, YMD was 11 years old and was invited to his first bowling party. That time we were only 2 hours early, so we got to walk around the area.

The fun part is that we get to do it all over again tomorrow...





No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...