1.11.2023

Gave me food for thought

Yesterday when I picked up my son a day early for the dentist appointment we had a conversation on the way.

He is studying an extended study plan because he has chosen Spanish as an extracurricular studies. Only those students who have chosen a language for extra studies have an extended study plan.

Yesterday he regretted choosing language because the other students, who in addition to normally finishing earlier than him, had their extra choice canceled yesterday.

I explained that it is an advantage to have a third language when he applies to university or college. 

He thinks that anything he does now will only benefit him later in life. Right now it's just a nuisance.

When I thought about it later in the evening, I understood him completely. He is absolutely right.

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean he can elude it now. I have to figure out a way to motivate him now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...