1.04.2023

Back to normal

When the pandemic hit full force, I had to put all my focus into our son, family and business. There wasn't really time or energy for follow-ups in my spreadsheet.

Plus having to watch the catastrophic decline of our savings wasn't really something I could handle at the time. My husband is much better at it so he did all the acquisitions and sales in all the portfolios in 2020 and early 2021.

For the first time since March 2020, I filled in our acquisitions in the spreadsheet at the same time my husband did them. It was a sense of normalcy.

For the dividends we received on both the December 30 and yesterday, we bought NewTek Business Services Corp. Common Stock (NEWT) and Omega Healthcare Investors Inc. Common Stock (OHI).

These purchases increased our estimated 2023 dividend by $289. The effect of interest-on-interest is amazing.

In addition to these purchases, I also bought 68 shares of Oxford Lane Capital Corp. (OXLC) in my pension insurance. Which means that the quota for that company is filled. It was also enough for the first 6 shares of Horizon Technology Finance Corp. Common Stock (HRZN).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...