1.04.2023

When the transition is complete, we will probably sell the entire holding

NewTek Business Services Corp. Common Stock (NEWT) has been a significant part of the engine of our portfolios.

Historically, they have had a high and reliable return, which is why we regularly invested in the company. Over time, they came to make up a larger part of our portfolio, more precisely 7.5%.

They announced in mid-November that they have received approval from the Federal Reserve to become a bank holding company and a financial holding company by acquiring National Bank of New York City (NBNYC).

This is likely to reduce their future dividends. I have taken this into account in my forecast for future dividends in 2023.

I have reduced upcoming dividends in my spreadsheet from $0.7 which was their last to $0.5. Guess I'll have to tweak it even more in the future, but before they make an official announcement, I'll have to settle for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...