1.23.2023

The world's a little darker at the moment

Given that parts of the sites for both Nordea and SEB, which are 2 of Sweden's absolute largest banks, as well as Telia, which is one of the largest providers of telephone, television and internet services, are down, I assume that Sweden is currently exposed to a cyber war.

You are tangibly reminded of both how vulnerable a modern society is plus how dependent you are on something that didn't really exist just over 20 years ago.

Especially in my role as CFO. I am spoiled to have access to all our bank accounts in real time. I reconcile all the deposits and withdrawals every afternoon, which was impossible today. When this opportunity is taken away, it is incredibly frustrating.

The world has really changed in the last 3 years with the pandemic, a war in a nearby area and ever recurring cyber attacks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...