3.13.2024

I didn't make it all the way

My parents are now back in Sweden so from today my uncle is my father's responsibility. My younger sister has taken by far the most responsibility for our uncle during these weeks, while my youngest sister has taken the least.

Tomorrow, my parents are moving my uncle from his current nursing home, which can mostly be compared to a "storage", to the nursing home next door to my parents' home.

My uncle's most important thing in life is his television. It is like a friend to him. At the nursing home he's been in for the past few weeks, he's only had 3 channels. In order for his first impression of the new nursing home to be as good as possible, our ambition is for the television to have at least 12 channels.

Since the day we were told that our uncle has been placed in this nursing home, I have done everything in my power to find out which TV service provider to sign up with and what is needed in terms of hardware.

Yesterday I finally got all the information I needed. There is no fiber connection, everything is managed via WIFI. This means that we have to buy a new TV that has new technology but "old" inputs. Which was easier said than done.

I visited a store in Stockholm yesterday that could order home such a television. In the best case, the TV will arrive and be installed now on Friday, otherwise it will be Tuesday next week.

Not at all the outcome we had hoped for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...