3.06.2024

So much information is lost

I worked as the CFO of my father's company that had about $14,000,000 in revenues yearly for over 20 years. He downsized the company after mom fell ill, she is healthy today and has been working as a consultant for the past 10 years.

During these 10 years, I have managed all their finances, both private and corporate. Since I do all this work from our office and not his, it is comparable to remote work.

During my parents' vacation, he has contacted me almost daily and I have assisted him in various matters. Among other things, he has continuously sent documentation for invoicing. Most recently he asked if he had missed something regarding the invoicing. I explained that it's hard for me to know exactly because I'm not in his office but ours.

This only confirms my views that remote work is not good for an employer. An incredible amount of information is lost. Both directly but also indirectly as you always pay attention to what is happening at your workplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...