3.01.2024

Tomorrow is going to be awful

Today was terrible for my younger sister. When she arrived at our uncle's nursing home today, my uncle had packed all his belongings and was going back to his apartment at all costs.

Our strategy has been to tell him he needs to get better before moving back home. We feel it is our father's role to inform our uncle of his new living arrangements.

Our uncle has not been able to take care of himself for years. In recent years, he has had home care staff who have helped him with everything from cooking, undressing and dressing, personal hygiene, etc. The home care staff have visited him 4 times during the day and 2 times at night. If he falls out of bed, he cannot get up on his own.

I am dreading to visit him tomorrow since he is angry at the moment and wants to go home to his apartment. I wish I could help him get used to the accommodation. He is better off living there, even if he doesn't understand it himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...