3.29.2024

You can't eat the cake and have it too

Full transparency and my own agenda, I am the mother of a son. Our son has learned that a no is a no, no matter what.

A recent column written by a young Swedish woman focused on the fact that we Swedes never flirt IRL anymore. I fully understand that young men do not dare to initiate flirting and contact today.

ME TOO was a great wake-up call for many, while unfortunately there was a type of women who took advantage of the situation and cried wolf where there was no wolf. Being shamed by a woman, either verbally IRL or on a social media post for initiating a contact, scares people off.

My two godsons who are in their mid-twenties often refrain from contacting a woman they find attractive. It's not getting a "no thank you" that puts them off, it's having the rejection posted online with a smug comment by the woman intent on shaming who does. If these types of women had just said "no thanks", I'm convinced that flirting would have been more alive today than it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...