3.16.2024

I'm really looking forward to this

Today will be the third time my best friend, our sons and I are going to one of Stockholm's best hotels to have afternoon tea. My BFF and I have decided that this will become a tradition that we will do with our sons twice a year. It's been almost exactly one year since we did this for the first time and six months since the last time.

I am godmother to their oldest son and her husband is godfather to our son. Another of her friends is the godmother of their youngest son, but since she is not involved in his life at all, I have "adopted" him as my godson as well, with my best friend's blessing.

My godsons appreciate what we may soon call a tradition much more than my son who says he "takes one for the family". Although I know he likes this more than he really wants to acknowledge. Admitting as a 16-year-old boy that it's nice to go out for afternoon tea with your mum, her friend and your 'god-brothers' is not cool.

Regardless, I'm incredibly grateful and happy that all the guys are coming along. For my BFF and I, this is heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take my hat off to Ms. Taylor Swift

This week, the talk of the town in Sweden has been Ms. Taylor Swift when it comes to finances. Ms. Taylor Swift gives 3 concerts in Solna ci...